Animal rights are an important part of being vegan and I want to bring attention to the issues that affect our planet and our fellow creatures, which ultimately affects us all.
The best thing you can do for yourself, our planet, and most importantly the beautiful sentient beings that are raised for food, exploited in many other ways, and treated horribly in the process, is to eat a plant based diet.
Here is some helpful information about animal rights and how you can learn the truth about animal products and factory farming and get involved to make changes in our world. There are many great organizations out there doing wonderful work to end the needless suffering and slaughter of innocent animals. I encourage you to educate yourself and others with the facts about this important issue, and to get involved. Click on the image below to explore reality. Or consider watching the movie Earthlings, narrated by Joaquin Phoenix. There are also some links to various Vegan Starter Guides or try the 21 Day Vegan Quick Start. So, what’cha waiting for? Get started! Go Vegan!
Vegan Starter Guides
1. Guide to Cruelty-Free Eating – from animalsuffering.com
2. Vegetarian/Vegan Starter Kit – from peta.org
3. Why Vegan? – from veganoutreach.org
4. Vegan Starter Guide – from veganoutreach.org
5. Vegan Starter Guide – from friendsofanimals.org
6. Vegetarian Starter Guide – from tryveg.com
7. Vegetarian Starter Kit – from pcrm.org – Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine
8. Vegetarian Starter Kit – from mercyforanimals.org
9. I can’t believe it’s…vegan! – from animalaid.org.uk
10. Going Veggie – from animalaid.org.uk
Vegan Movies of Interest and Food Activist Related Films
You can find these to watch online on YouTube or Vimeo and the like or most are available for viewing at Netflix or similar places. Happy learning.